We are specifically doing the following to prevent the acquisition and transmission of Covid19.
At the entrance during arrival and check-in:
- Screen all guests and staff at the entrance to check their temperature. Ensure that the temperature is between 36 and 37 degrees.
- Guests sanitize their hands and all suspicious items and body parts
- Brief the guest about our corona prevention and management procedure.
- Take the recommended guest records at arrival to ensure we have enough information to help the guest or the covid19 task force whenever necessary.
- Staff must sanitize after being in contact with any guest body part or luggage.
- All deliveries of materials and supplies have been redirected to the community office outside the camp, to minimize the number of people at the lodge.
- All guests are encouraged to use a cashless payment system. This can be done by payment in advance through transferring the money to our account or using a credit card
The payment options available are;
- Wire transfer to our bank account
- WorldRemit to our Mobile money account
- Online credit card payments.
In guest rooms:
- Change to easily washable beddings and linen
- Use natural air conditioning by leaving the windows open as much as possible.
- Supply each guest room with recommended sanitizing liquid
- Empower guests to use the sanitizing liquid available in the room during their stay.
- Wash all beddings after each use
- Enhanced cleaning of guest rooms following a checklist. Remove the beddings, clean down the room, sanitize the entire guestroom, and replace it with new beddings, then the manager approves the room.
- Remove all commonly shared implements and personalize all such services to every guest
- Sanitize all surfaces after each single-use
- Supply recommended sanitizing liquids, hand washing points with running water and soap in strategic areas.
- All sitting facilities in the common areas have been positioned accordingly laving at least 2 meters apart.
- The camp has availed washing and sanitizing facilities at strategic points for regular use.
- Get flexible leave days whenever they feel unwell
- Be Screened on a timely basis to check their body temperature using a non-contact thermometer
- Wear personal protective gear all the time in the hotel premises and attending to guests.
- Sanitize regularly and remember to keep a distance
- Providing timely employee training and awareness to empower our staff about Coronavirus, the risk involved and how to prevent the spread of covid19
- All staff and guests require to be vigilant and report any suspicious action/behavior that minimizes the effectiveness of the COVID-19 safety measures.
- Be exemplary by observing the set regulations and then guiding and remind guests or fellow staff to observe the COVID-19 safety procedures
Village guided walks and community experiences;
- Reduce the number of guest per guide from six to four
- Move with sanitizer chemicals on the trail and sanitize regularly
- Always keep a distance between the community and guests or staff and guests during the trek or community experience.
- Avoid wearing a mask during a demanding trek but have it handy to be dressed whenever you may be forced to crowd in one location
During the stay at the camp
- All staff and guest are expected to wear face masks all the time
- Provide sanitizer liquids in all areas of the hotel to enable regular sanitizing
- Obey the social distance signage and furniture sets
- Reduce crowds and leave a space of at least 1.5 meters between persons.
- All trash cans in the isolation area must be lined with a plastic bag and be properly disposed of with the guidance of the covid19 task force.
- Wash all used items including beddings, in the recommended detergents, plenty of water, and dry in direct sunlight.
- All implements and amenities will be replaced or sanitized after each use.
- If anyone shows signs of sickness with a likeness to covid19, isolate them, refer to their record and call the covid19 task force for further investigation.
- Staff must sanitize and disinfect all commonly touched surfaces after each use
- All guests will be served sitting down on their designated sitting area.
- Each guest team will be served independently to avoid the mixing of different groups.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. High touch surfaces include Tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
“Clean and safe for your stay”