This is probably the most accessible and hospitable community accommodation facility around Queen Elizabeth national park for both guests who want to explore Queen Elizabeth national park or who want to explore the broader areas without going into the park. The camp operations are driven by our clients needs and all our guests have been satisfied beyond their expectations. The Elephant Home is a community owned and run accommodation facility outside Queen Elizabeth national park that adds allot of value to your trip through;
- Providing hospitable accommodation in a clean, secure and natural environment.
- Arranging community tours and other holiday authentic activities to participate in during your visit.
- Educating and empowering the local community about conservation of wildlife and culture.
This is why you must add the stay at the Elephant home on your trip to Queen Elizabeth national park;
- Clean spacious self-contained rooms, cabins and camping ground.
- A long list of flexible activities in and outside the park to enrich your Uganda experience
- A plant and wildlife walk with great scenery, bird, plants, and wildlife spoors.
- Easy access to the park gate when you want to go for a game drive.
- All weather camping ground with roof
- Easy access by both private and public transport.
- No park entrance fee since we are located outside the park
- Easy to use as a base for connecting to other national parks and attractions in the region.
Due to increasing human population around Queen Elizabeth national park, wildlife-community conflict has increased in the recent years. The Elephant home is positioned to acts as a sustainable solution to this challenge by creating livelihoods that are wildlife friendly through tourism. Every coin you spend the The Elephant home will go a long way to the grass root communities.
The elephant center campsite is also called “the Elephant home” in this village (Kikorongo village) neighboring Queen Elizabeth national park because it is located within the entry point where Elephants cross to to the community gardens. on certain occasions,we have witnessed the elephants crossing over, especially in the evenings. while on the self guided walk (on the Elephant center campsite property) you can witness Elephants in the park coming towards the crossing points